SMILEY IN THE SKY! (DECEMBER 1,2008)

Posted by queenmadison

It is rather odd to see a smiley in the sky. But I have witness the most fascinating peak of the moon forming together with Venus and Jupiter a smiley in the dark sky. It was 6:30pm Manila Time when me and my husband decided to have a dinner outside. And my daughter who was stargazing pointed the sky and said; "Mama! There's a coca cola sign in the sky!"(which btw, coca cola is famous with its smiley cap here in the Philippines) I looked up and there it is! A smiley.

This happened once in a blue moon. (well, actually it isn't blue moon!) But this doesn't happen on everyday basis you know! So we took the moment to stare at it while it last. Though I haven't got the chance to take a picture of it of video tape it, a friend of mine from Australia sent me a copy of what he recorded on his mobile phone. Gave a lil music on it and wah-lah! A miracle...of the Moon. Take time to watch it it's really cool!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I'll look for that in the sky, never occured to me to look for it.

Mommie
http://www.mommieshome.net

desperateblogger said...

i missed it! i was still driving when it occurred.

Anonymous said...

Nice! It was cute that your daughter noticed it! Sounds like something my daughter would notice.

Lisette
http://couponqueenofcorning.today.com/

A Valdese Blogger said...

I saw it last night, it was great, but in my part of the world it was more like a frown. The planets were below the moon.

queenmadison said...

@ valdese blogger: yes you were right. dec 2-3 was the moon's frown! I saw it too. But smile occurred dec 1.
I don't know if there will be any smiles but the astronomers says dec 31 would be another smile.

Anonymous said...

That's interesting. I read about this in Yahoo last week and was looking forward to this rare incidence of the moon, Venus and Jupiter being together in the sky. But I have only seen Venus and Jupiter without the crescent moon.

Laura said...

Definitely cool! Isn't it neat that your daughter is the one who noticed it first?

queenmadison said...

coolest really!

Glitter Text 

Generator