Some Recipes that makes my family gain some weight!

Posted by queenmadison

Me...a happy cook!
I am the cook in our home and I choose what will be served in our table. I have to admit that my family is the meat type of eater. But I always balance it with a salad or a vegetable stew. Today I cooked the famous "Crispy Pata" (Deep fried pig's legs) and Lumpia (vegetable wrapped in thin flour). It is not easy to cook it since it really does have to be slow but perfect. It took me like 30 minutes to prepare it and an hour to cook it.
Let me share to you how I manage to cook a not that big size of pig's hind leg.
First things first I have to select the best kind of a pig's leg.
Here is the recipe:For the Crispy Pata you will need:
Pork pata (pork hock)
1 clove of garlic
Salt
Peppercorns
Now here is what you have to do...
Blanch pata for few minutes and discard water. Add more water to cover pata and bring to boil. Skim off scum that floats in the broth. Add garlic and peppercorns then simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour. Add salt and continue simmering until tender. Transfer pata to a platter. Run your knife on one side of the pork leg to separate the meat from the bone.
Heat about 4 to 5 cups of fresh oil in a deep casserole. When it is smoking hot, slowly submerge the pata. Reduce heat and continue deep-frying until golden brown. Just when you think it is just nice and crispy, sprinkle few drops of water to make the rind crispier. Drain, chop as you wish and serve with your favorite condiment.For the Lumpia you will need:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound ground pork
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup minced carrots
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup thinly sliced green cabbage
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon soy sauce
30 lumpia wrappers
2 cups vegetable oil for frying
First you have to place a wok or large skillet over high heat, and pour in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Cook pork, stirring frequently, until no pink is showing. Remove pork from pan and set aside. Drain grease from pan, leaving a thin coating. Cook garlic and onion in the same pan for 2 minutes. Stir in the cooked pork, carrots, green onions, and cabbage. Season with pepper, salt, garlic powder, and soy sauce. Remove from heat, and set aside until cool enough to handle.
Place three heaping tablespoons of the filling diagonally near one corner of each wrapper, leaving a 1 1/2 inch space at both ends. Fold the side along the length of the filling over the filling, tuck in both ends, and roll neatly. Keep the roll tight as you assemble. Moisten the other side of the wrapper with water to seal the edge. Cover the rolls with plastic wrap to retain moisture.
Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat, add oil to 1/2 inch depth, and heat for 5 minutes. Slide 3 or 4 lumpia into the oil. Fry the rolls for 1 to 2 minutes, until all sides are golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.And prepare to complimented!
So there! after cooking we all ate together and now I am blogging it. For those who hates those fats and grease... I am sorry.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in the Marine Corps for 8 years. In my time I had a buddy from PI. Every month his wife would cook and he would bring a huge plate for everyone. My favorite was the Lumpia, I tried cooking it myself but a challenge I failed at. Nice blog..

Ching Ya said...

OMG, I think my husband is going to like this recipe! Thank you so much for sharing though. I'm not that much of a cook, but I do hope one day I could manage to get myself around the kitchen more naturally.. keep my finger crossed!

Yeo KeeHui said...

That's really nice. My favorite dish. Make me hungry...

Anonymous said...

Hi!
both that food look delicious... I wish I can taste some. See you around.

zuiyanhong said...

I really like these recipes because I am too skinny. Hopefully I will gain some weight after taking these food.

queenmadison said...

when you cook a dish with a love then it will come out deliciously. I am not a cook by profession nor a chef but my friends and family loves what I cook or bake that is because I cook from the heart. I cook when I am sad but still my dishes taste good.When I am angry I put a lil chilli on m my dishes but still it comes out real delectable. hehe.

Glitter Text 

Generator