It's Not About the Gifts!

Posted by queenmadison


Christmas is in the air in our family. This is my daughter Beans’ first Christmas with my Dad. As you know we live in the same roof because of my grandmother who brought us all together. I can almost feel that our Christmas will be memorable cause all those I love are here except my sister whose in Manila right now and working but she will be home for Christmas…. She promised! Anyway, my dad by the way is a Master Mariner so he never stays here at home for long. Sometimes she will only spend one month at home and off to work again. We never always spend Christmas with him. This Christmas is special cause we are to spend it all together, with Mom, Dad, Nanang (my grandmother), Boo (my niece), my husband, and ofcourse Beans.

My husband’s condition is much better now. As you know I was shattered with his issues. For those who don’t know our situation, pardon me. I wrote about it here in my blog a month ago. He was an alcoholic and after the acceptance and confrontation he is now a more than a month sober. Thanks God. Now I can spend Christmas much better with some problems off my head.

You see, God finds a way to pay back all those hurtful things that has happened to a person. It may not be winning a jackpot in a Lotto or Sweepstakes but this is much more exciting than any million dollars, or peso… Being with my family is not like receiving an award by President Obama, or having to go back time and shake the hand of Elvis Presley or Marilyn Monroe, or diving in a big pool of spaghetti noodles, or reaching the end of the rainbow and at last finding the precious pot of gold… it is indeed more than any of those.


Having my husband in a perfect condition,my niece achieving the best in school, my daughter with a good health, my grandmother with us still, and my mom and dad smiling together, feels like everyday is Christmas...

1 comments:

Liz said...

hi Queenmadison! you have been awarded, please grab them here..

http://mlizcochico.blogspot.com/2008/11/awards-awards.html

see yah

Glitter Text 

Generator